What to do with leftover pasta?
- You can use spaghetti cut to the length of noodles to make soup or ramen.
- If you sprinkle some cheese on top and bake in the oven, you’ll have an impressive side dish for meat or fish.
- Put the leftover pasta in a bowl with egg yolk and flour, add some egg whites beaten to stiff peaks, stir and you’ll have a batter to make buñuelos to fry in small batches in plenty of olive oil.What an original way to make sure nothing goes to waste!
- It’s high time you made a pasta omelet, or classic Italian frittata, to which you can add whatever vegetables you might have in the fridge.
- Never heard of spaghetti pizza? You simply bake it like a regular pizza to firm up the spaghetti base. Well, rules are there to be broken…
Throw it away? No way! There are lots of things you can do with leftover pasta.
Remember: to stop it sticking together, add a dash of olive oil before it gets cold and then keep in a sealed container in the fridge. If you’re too late, and it has already stuck together, boil it up again for just a minute, no longer, to free it up. Next steps: