Broccoli balls with turmeric sauce
For the broccoli balls
* 500 g broccoli
* 100 g walnuts
* 150 g homemade breadcrumbs
* ½ onion
* 1 clove of garlic
* 2 eggs
* Breadcrumb mixture
For the turmeric sauce
* 50 g Greek yogurt
* 50 g tahini
* 40 g Borges organic olive oil
* 40 g water
* 14 dessertspoonful of turmeric
* ½ clove of garlic
* A pinch of salt
* Black pepper
Step by StepTo make the sauce, simply beat all the ingredients together. Put by.
Cut up the broccoli, boil for 5 minutes and strain. Chop up the onion, garlic and walnuts and add the breadcrumbs. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Beat the eggs: add one to the mixture and one to an empty bowl. Shape the mixture into balls, dunk them in the beaten egg and then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture.
Arrange the balls on a baking tray and bake at 180 ºC for about 15 minutes. Serve with the turmeric sauce.
Nutritional Tips- To keep the broccoli crunchy and bright green, boil for 5 minutes and then plunge straight into a bowl of ice water to halt the cooking process.
- If you like your broccoli well cooked but don’t won't it to lose its colour, you can add a teaspoonful of bicarbonate of soda to the water as you boil it.
- If you are short of time and have a microwaveable dish, simply put the chopped broccoli in the dish, put the lid on and cook on full power for 3 minutes.
- You can eat the thick broccoli stalks too: peel using a peeler, cut into strips and then into cubes and cook with the florets.
- Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds that is very popular throughout the Mediterranean basin. It is a key ingredient in hummus. If you haven’t got any tahini, you can always use sesame oil or sesame seeds.
- Walnuts are powerful antioxidants and are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital for cleaning our arteries. Nutritional experts advise eating at least three walnuts a day. Mix them with yogurt for breakfast; toss some into a salad for lunch; and knock back a handful as an ideal afternoon snack.
We all know how hard to is to make chicken and rice soup as delicious as Grandma’s. Everything has…
There’s nothing like seasonal vegetables for making tasty, healthy food. And now that spring is he…
Kids in the kitchen? Of course! Here’s a simple recipe you can make with your little terrors. So, …
You’ve probably tried dozens of pesto sauces, but how about walnut pesto? We’d like to share a f…
Place the humus in a shallow dish and garnish it with some sweet paprika and Borges Character Olive …
Place the kebab, pepper salad and vinaigrette on a corn tortilla and wrap it with care.
This purée may be served cold or hot, as a snack with on bread or as dip.
Place mixed ingredients on a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Place the fish fillet and chips on the dish and garnish with a lettuce and cherry tomato salad.