Quinoa salad with olives, walnuts, rocket and honey vinaigrette
* 300 g (10 oz) quinoa
* 600 g (21 oz) water
* 50 g (2 oz) walnuts
* 50 g (2 oz) Borges pitted olives
* 100 g (3.5 oz) rocket
* A pinch of salt
For the honey vinaigrette
* 100 ml (37 US fl oz) Borges olive oil
* 1 dessertspoonful of mustard
* 1 soupspoonful of honey
Step by StepWash the quinoa well: cover with water and strain in a sieve. Put the quinoa and water in a saucepan and add a little salt. Heat over a medium heat and when it comes to the boil, cover and turn the heat down to the minimum. Leave it to cook for about 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it rest a few minutes more without stirring.
To make the vinaigrette, mix all the ingredients together and drizzle over the quinoa. Cut the olives into small cubes, chop up the walnuts and add to the quinoa. Finish off with the rocket and you’re good to go.
Nutritional Tips- It is very important to wash quinoa several times to help get rid of its slightly bitter taste.
- For best results when cooking, use twice as much water as quinoa and cook over a low heat.
- Quinoa is an ancient seed from the Andes packed with nutrients, which makes it a superfood! And since it contains no gluten, it can be eaten by coeliacs and other people who are gluten intolerant.
- Don’t fret about how to serve this versatile cereal: simply use quinoa whenever you would use couscous or rice to add colour and texture to your dishes.
We all know how hard to is to make chicken and rice soup as delicious as Grandma’s. Everything has…
There’s nothing like seasonal vegetables for making tasty, healthy food. And now that spring is he…
Kids in the kitchen? Of course! Here’s a simple recipe you can make with your little terrors. So, …
You’ve probably tried dozens of pesto sauces, but how about walnut pesto? We’d like to share a f…
Place the humus in a shallow dish and garnish it with some sweet paprika and Borges Character Olive …
Place the kebab, pepper salad and vinaigrette on a corn tortilla and wrap it with care.
This purée may be served cold or hot, as a snack with on bread or as dip.
Place mixed ingredients on a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Place the fish fillet and chips on the dish and garnish with a lettuce and cherry tomato salad.