* 1 kg Beef sirloin or loin
For the gravy (typical British sauce made with the meat’s own juices and vegetables):
* 1 teaspoon of corn flour
* 1 teaspoon of Bovril
* 1/2 l. water
* A pinch of onion powder
* A pinch of pepper
* 200gr Borges 2 Oils
* 2 pickles, medium
* 1 teaspoon of capers
* 1 teaspoon of spring onion
* 2 eggs
Step by Step1. Add salt to the meat and put it on a oven grid. Heat the oven to 200ºC. Put the meat in the oven and after 10 minutes turn it over and cook for another 10 minutes.
2. Remove the meat from the oven, wrap it in foil and set aside.
3. Mix the juices from the meat with half litre of water to make the sauce. Drain it and pour into a saucepan. Add the rest of ingredients except corn flour.
4. Dissolve the corn flour in a small amount of cold water and add it to the mixture. Stir until slightly thickens. Cut the beef into slices and serve.
5. For the tartar sauce, make a mayonnaise with Borges 2 oil (to underline the taste) and one egg: Boil the other egg for 15 minutes and chop it together with the capers, onion and pickles. Mix all the ingredients.
Nutritional TipsIn order to add a nice touch of freshness to this recipe we propose including a tartar sauce with egg and Borges extra virgin olive oil by Ferran Adrià, thus getting a blend of flavours different to those in the original recipe, which is much more intense.
We recommend serving this roast with a large Mediterranean salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, red pepper, etc. It will provide the necessary vitamins, minerals and fibre that will help our digestion.
There’s nothing like seasonal vegetables for making tasty, healthy food. And now that spring is he…
Kids in the kitchen? Of course! Here’s a simple recipe you can make with your little terrors. So, …
You’ve probably tried dozens of pesto sauces, but how about walnut pesto? We’d like to share a f…
Place the humus in a shallow dish and garnish it with some sweet paprika and Borges Character Olive …
Place the kebab, pepper salad and vinaigrette on a corn tortilla and wrap it with care.
This purée may be served cold or hot, as a snack with on bread or as dip.
Place mixed ingredients on a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Place the fish fillet and chips on the dish and garnish with a lettuce and cherry tomato salad.