Spaghetti all’arrabbiata with something extra
* 500 g (17,6 oz) spaghetti
* 1 large onion
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 500 g (17,6 oz) peeled ripe tomato
* 150 ml (5,1 US fl oz) white wine
* 2 hot peppers
* 8 dried tomatoes
* Olive oil
Step by StepBegin by preparing the arrabbiata sauce. In a large skillet, sauté the chopped onion with a generous dash of oil. Add the chopped garlic and the sliced hot peppers and let it all cook for 10 minutes. Add the white wine and allow it to reduce for about five minutes. Add the peeled and seeded tomatoes and leave them to cook for half an hour until the water evaporates.
Boil the spaghetti with plenty of water and salt, drain it and mix it with the sauce. Finish with some fresh basil leaves and Pecorino Romano or any other flavorful cheese.
Nutritional Tips- While you are cooking the tomatoes, add eight chopped dried tomatoes. Use the dried tomatoes that are sold rehydrated packed in oil with herbs. The result is amazing!
- The pasta will finish cooking in the sauce, so remove it from the water a few minutes early when you boil it. Then it will absorb a little liquid from the sauce.
- If you finish off the spaghetti all'arrabbiata with a roasted and chopped chicken breast, you'll have a unique complete dish. But the arrabbiata universe does not stop at meat: you can complement the dish with pieces of cooked fish or even shrimp. It will always come out delicious!
- Try replacing the pasta with cooked chickpeas. Chickpeas all'arrabbiata are memorable!
There’s nothing like seasonal vegetables for making tasty, healthy food. And now that spring is he…
Kids in the kitchen? Of course! Here’s a simple recipe you can make with your little terrors. So, …
You’ve probably tried dozens of pesto sauces, but how about walnut pesto? We’d like to share a f…
Place the humus in a shallow dish and garnish it with some sweet paprika and Borges Character Olive …
Place the kebab, pepper salad and vinaigrette on a corn tortilla and wrap it with care.
This purée may be served cold or hot, as a snack with on bread or as dip.
Place mixed ingredients on a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Place the fish fillet and chips on the dish and garnish with a lettuce and cherry tomato salad.