Dessert glass with yogurt, strawberry jam and pistachios
* 2 Greek yogurts
* 200 ml (6.5 US fl oz) cream
* 75 g (2.5 oz) sugar
* 1 lemo
* 120 g (4 oz) Borges pistachios
For the strawberry jam:
* 250 g (9 oz) strawberries
* 125 g (4.5 oz) sugar
* ½ lemon
Step by StepTo make the jam, wash the strawberries and put them in a saucepan with the sugar and juice of half a lemon. Heat over a medium heat for 25 minutes or until it starts to thicken up. Put by and leave to cool. If you want to make enough to keep for other uses, follow the same method with double the quantities, and once it has cooked, pour the mixture into a jam jar, tighten the lid and turn upside down to ensure a tight seal.
To make the dessert, whip the cream using an electric whisk and add the 75 g of sugar. Mix with the yogurt in a bowl and put by. Put a spoonful of the strawberry jam into the bottom of the dessert glass, add the cream-and-yogurt mixture and top off with the chopped pistachios.
Nutritional Tips- If you want a lighter dessert, simply leave out the cream. It’s just as delicious with yogurt, strawberry jam and pistachios!
- However, if you do add the cream, it turns the yogurt into a mousse with a lovely rich, smooth texture.
- The pistachios add a touch of colour and flavour to the dessert. Its intense green colour stands out against the yogurt and its crunchy texture contrasts with the smooth yogurt. Don’t worry if you don’t have any pistachios—any kind of nut will do.
- If you’d rather avoid using sugar, you can use honey or stevia as natural sweeteners instead.
Vegan baking is now all the rage! Delicious, healthy cakes without lots of saturated fats or packed …
We all know how hard to is to make chicken and rice soup as delicious as Grandma’s. Everything has…
There’s nothing like seasonal vegetables for making tasty, healthy food. And now that spring is he…
Kids in the kitchen? Of course! Here’s a simple recipe you can make with your little terrors. So, …
You’ve probably tried dozens of pesto sauces, but how about walnut pesto? We’d like to share a f…
Place the humus in a shallow dish and garnish it with some sweet paprika and Borges Character Olive …
Place the kebab, pepper salad and vinaigrette on a corn tortilla and wrap it with care.
This purée may be served cold or hot, as a snack with on bread or as dip.
Place mixed ingredients on a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Place the fish fillet and chips on the dish and garnish with a lettuce and cherry tomato salad.